Sunday, May 8, 2011

French bread

Proust had his madeleines; I am devastated by the scent of yeast bread rising.  ~Bert Greene
I'm not sure why I'm in a carb frame of mind lately.  Maybe it's just because I brought the bread maker up from storage in the basement and I'm too lazy to take it back down. 

4  cups bread flour
2 tsp sea salt
2 1/4 tsp quick rising active dry yeast
1 tsp  honey
1 tsp extra light virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cup warm water

1. Put all ingredients together into your bread machine and put on dough setting.

2. When the cycle has completed,  roll out and put on greased jelly roll pan stretched out.

3. Put knife cuts 1/4" deep every inch and let rest for a half hour.

4. Brush butter on top when it's done baking.

Bake for 30 minutes at 325°F



No comments:

Post a Comment