Monday, May 16, 2011

The almost full moon must be shining down in my favor

I was almost scared to head back into the cave to make dinner after the weekend but it was so worth the trip.  I had 2 ripe pears and a bottle of real maple syrup from Vermont calling out to me so this is what I created ~

Cinnamon 'n pear pancakes

2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups buttermilk
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs , lightly beaten
2 large pears, peeled, cored, and diced

1. Mix together all dry ingredients.  Whisk in buttermilk, butter, eggs and vanilla.  Add in pears.  Let sit 10 minutes before cooking on a lightly oiled pan.

Servings: 14



I served it with a chicken apple sausage.  Good combinations all around.
Hopefully you're enjoying nice weather and good food too!

No comments:

Post a Comment