Sunday, May 15, 2011

Have you ever had one of those weekends...

Where you come to the realization that you should have just ordered in a large pizza or chinese food with enough leftovers that you don't have to cook for the entire weekend?  I did.  The only things that worked out well was a hot dog and a peanut butter sandwich (not together naturally).

I tried to create a new bread recipe on Saturday made with dehydrated blueberries.  As usual, I put my bread maker on the dough setting and threw in ingredients that I thought would work well together.  The end result was a dough that looked like the mafia had offed a smurf or the girl from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory had exploded in the machine.  That slightly dampened my spirits but I forged on with a roast in the crock pot today.  Another failure.  It's so tough that even my cat turned up his nose at it. 

Oh well, here's a recipe that I know works for you to make ~

Drunk turkey sausage

2 rings turkey sausage, casings removed
1 28 ounce bottle of ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 bottle beer, room temperature

1. In a medium saucepan, heat ketchup, brown sugar and beer until sugar is dissolved.

2. Slice turkey sausage into 1 1/2 inch pieces.

3. Cook in crock pot over medium heat for 3 hours.


Hopefully this coming week will be better in the woman cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment