Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cheeseburger Pasta

I miss grilling outdoors and I'm not one that enjoys wearing my winter coat, gloves and hat to stand outside and grill when there's still 2' of snow at the one end of my deck and more in the backyard and the thermometer hasn't gotten above freezing.  I do have two indoor grills but it's not the same.  I made this for a quick meal so I could be reminded a little of a cheeseburger fresh off the grill.  I hesitated when it came to choosing the cheese since I love my cheeseburgers topped with cheddar and pepper jack equally so I put some red pepper flakes in as I was finishing cooking the ground beef and onions.





Cheeseburger Pasta

1/2# lean ground beef
1/8 cup onions, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 cup Orzo pasta, cooked
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Cook Orzo, drain but do not rinse.  Cook ground beef with the onions and season with salt, freshly ground pepper and red pepper flakes.  Place both Orzo and ground beef in a greased casserole.  In a medium sized pan, melt the butter and add in flour.  Stir and gradually add in milk.  Allow to cook until thickened and stir in cheddar cheese.  Pour over the hamburger and pasta and stir well.  Bake at 325° and bake for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I've never had cheeseburger pasta, but it sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete