Monday, March 18, 2013

Sausage Potato Bake

Sunday breakfast is always a treat and full of flavor.  I'm not really an egg fan.  I'll eat them if someone makes them for me but they are not something I'll prepare myself.  I always see lots of recipes for different egg breakfast casseroles so I decided to make an non-egg one.  Also note that I chose to precook my hashbrowns because I like them to have a little crunch factor.  Another plus of this dish was that is came out of the casserole and kept it's shape.







Sausage Potato Bake

1 french baguette
1# breakfast sausage, cooked 
2 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
2 cups southern style hashbrowns, cooked
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Slice and cube the baguette.  You can lightly toast the cubes (recommended).  Place at the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 12 casserole dish.  Brown sausage.  When cooked, stir in flour until the sausage is coated.  Gradually stir in milk.  Let thicken and season to taste.  Spoon evenly over the baguette.  Top with hashbrowns and then the cheddar cheese.  Bake for 20 minutes at 350°.

No comments:

Post a Comment