Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hazelnut Krispie Bars

I've always loved Rice Krispie bars as I was growing up.  They are a comfort food.  I think I made an adult version of them today when I added in chopped Ferrero Rocher chocolates.






Hazelnut Krispie Bars

4 tbsp butter
5 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies
12 Ferrero Rocher candy pieces (cut each into 8 pieces)
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (you can use milk chocolate if you prefer)
1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped

Melt butter in a medium saucepan.  Add in marshmallows and stir until all have melted and you have a cream sauce.  Pour into a large bowl with the Rice Krispies with Ferrero Rocher candy pieces mixed in).  Stir will and press into a 9 x 12 greased pan.  In a small saucepan, melt the 12 oz of chocolate chips.  Spread over bars like icing and top with chopped hazelnuts.  Allow chocolate to harden before cutting and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment