Sunday, June 26, 2011

Movie inspired dinner

Ever since I watched the movie Seems Like Old Times with Goldie Hawn and Chevy Chase, I have been obsessed with a meal they served ~ Chicken Pepperoni.  I have bought countless chicken cookbooks in search of the recipe and finally started trying to make it on my own about 5 years ago.  I have no idea if I got it similiar or not but finally this is the effort that I'm keeping a recipe on.



Chicken Pepperoni

3 tbsp extra light virgin olive oil
2 medium garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1 28 ounce crushed tomatoes
3 ounces tomato paste
2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup wine
3 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp basil
2 pounds Chicken breasts -- boned and skinned
2 cups  V8 juice
3 ounces pepperoni
3 ounces mushrooms, chopped fine
salt and pepper to taste

Sautè garlic and onions in olive oil.  Add in tomato paste, V8 and crushed tomatoes with spices and honey.

Add in your favorite wine and let simmer.

Lightly sautè pepperoni.  Drain on paper towels.  Brown chicken breast strips lightly seasoned with pepper.

Add pepperoni and chicken to sauce and let simmer until ready to serve.

I served it on linguine but any pasta will work fine.  Add freshly grated Parmesan on top.

Servings: 8


Off to find inspiration from the movies.  Have a good evening.

3 comments:

  1. YUM!! And I love your blog title. I call my kitchen my Mommy/Woman Cave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I started calling my kitchen that as a joke between a friend and myself and it grew on me (and I used it as an excuse to buy fun kitchen gadgets). :-)

      Delete
  2. This sounds so tasty...gives me something else to use my impulse Costco pepperoni purchase...

    ReplyDelete