Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dear Chinese Restaurant,

We've had a long, tumultuous relationship.  I forgave you for hiring the delivery driver without a license or insurance and kept him employed after he hit a friends car and it was reported to you that he lacked these essential things to drive. 

I forgave you for sending my food out with a 1 1/2" washer in it and your disbelief that it wasn't my fault (I was leery of what you might have done to the replacement beef lo mein). 

I cannot forgive food poisoning.  It was a stressful evening with trying to get my Tivo hooked up with the cable company here and no success.  This thing is going to cost a small fortune to hook up I can tell.  But I opted to order food in.  We ended our relationship at 2:30 this morning.  I could call you and let you know but I'm sure you would think it's my fault and this time you're right.  It is because I gave you so many chances.  This does give me the opportunity to learn how to cook Chinese food on my own so I thank you for that.

To put the past behind me, I did cook tonight.  Something easy and it's what I should have done last night.

Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes

1 1/2 cups  flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2  tbsp sugar
4 tbsp melted butter
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 large egg
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1 cup blueberries

In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.  In another bowl, mix together the butter, ricotta cheese, orange juice, milk and lemon extract.  Gradually add liquid mixture to dry ingredients.  Add in blueberries.

Heat oiled griddle to medium heat and ladle a small amount of batter to desired size.

Servings: 20



So easy and I have some for lunch tomorrow and have added to my supply of I need a quick dinner from the freezer to microwave.

Farewell my Chinese delivery.  When it was good, it was really good.  But when it was bad, it was really bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment