Saturday, June 25, 2011

Homemade Calzones

This falls into the comfort food category.  I considered ordering one the other night (which I should have instead of the Chinese food) but opted to wait until I could make my own and I'm glad that I did.

I used the rapture crust and sauce recipes from in May ~ http://micheleswomancave.blogspot.com/2011/05/rapture-homemade-pizza.html 

Divide the crust into 4 portions.  Let rise and then roll out into round circles on a floured surface.  I braised a chicken breast with just salt and pepper, cut up 2 oz prosciutto, sliced baby button mushrooms, used fresh mozzeralla and 2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce in each bottom half of the calzone circle.  Fold over top and crimp edges with your fingers.  Take one egg and stir until mixed and brush over dough or you can use olive oil.

Bake at 350°F for a half hour and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment