Sunday, June 12, 2011

So good

I love food pampering.  And even more, I love when I have leftovers to take for lunches to work.  My favorite thing to love is my dishwasher because it will be running in a few minutes after my breakfast and lunch dishes fill it.

Pasta e Fagioli

2 tbsp extra light virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 medium onion finely chopped
3 oz pancetta
1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
1 15 oz Cannellini beans
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
2 cups Ditalini, cooked
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese freshly grated

Heat olive oil in bottom of large saucepan.  Add in garlic, onion and pancetta and cook until soft.  Add in chicken broth and cannelli.

Cook pasta.  As that is cooking add in spices and tomatoes to broth mixture.

Drain pasta and add to broth.  Do  not rinse.

Let sit in sauce for a few minutes before serving.

Top with freshly grated Parmesan.

Servings: 6



One of my favorite things to do is smash garlic with my chef's knife and then mincing.  Onions not so much since they normally dry out my eyes.  This recipe let me have fun and the aroma of both in the kitchen are worth the dry eyes.
Back to the kitchen to fill the dishwasher.  I cannot make another entree but maybe some bread or a dessert...

No comments:

Post a Comment