Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring...

And it was close to I'm not cooking but calling in for delivery.  Very close.  I was thinking calzone with spicy chicken and prosciotto.  Then I thought that sounds like something I want to create in my own kitchen.  I also remembered the last time I ordered from this restaurant that I ended up making uncomplimentary comments about it on Twitter (not naming them, I'm not a paid critic). 

Seriously.  If you advertise a dessert as a homemade chocolate turtle tort make sure it is homemade, not a Sandra Lee semi-homemade disaster.  It turned out to be a graham cracker crust, check aisle three, chopped pecans, aisle three also.  Torte, aka mousse mix, how convenient same grocery aisle and let's grab some caramel ice cream topping, Hershey's syrup and Cool Whip in aisle seven.  They could have gone to Sam's Club and gotten something as equally "homemade". 

So I went into the kitchen and popped in a .38 Special cd since the Avenged Sevenfold case was empty and made this soup ~


Cheesy Ham & Potato Soup

1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk, 2% works fine
4 medium potatoes, diced
2 cups ham, cubed
1 1/2 cups Pepper Jack cheese, cut into small pieces
1/4 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste

Heat broth and milk.  Add in potatoes and cook until almost tender.  Add in ham and cook for another 10 minutes.  Add in cheese and stir until melted.  Add in paprika, salt and pepper.

Servings: 8


I would have taken a picture but who hasn't seen potato soup?  I suppose I could have garnished it with a sprig of parlsey.  I didn't.  Next time.  Especially the calzone that I want to try making. 

No comments:

Post a Comment