Saturday, June 11, 2011

Comfort food

Everyone needs to turn to their favorite comfort food occasionally.  I've been fighting off coming down with a cold for the last few days so I decided to treat myself.



Chicken Pot Pie

1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 can Cream of chicken soup
2 medium chicken breasts, cooked
1/2 stalk celery cut into 1/4-inch cubes
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup carrots peeled and diced
1/2 cup green beans, cooked, drained
2 cups mashed potatoes
1 deep dish pie crust, baked

Cook chicken broth and can of Cream of chicken soup until thickened.  Add in chicken and vegetables.

Pour carefully into baked pie crust.

Cover with mashed potatoes.  You can pipe it on for a fancier look or just use it like a icing.

Servings: 8

Cooking Time: 30 minutes

Oven Temperature: 325°F


I even have to laugh at the picture.  I couldn't find my normal piping tips so I improvised using my cookie press. 

No comments:

Post a Comment