Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentine's Day Monster Cookies

This was an unusual way for me to clean off my kitchen counter.  It started by my mother telling me she cleaned off her counter this week because it was reminding her of my late grandmothers counter.  Let's just say cluttered counters is hereditary.  And what better way to use a couple opened packages of baking chips, natural peanut butter and an unopened bag of Valentine's M&M's (although these are going to be used again within the next few days so the opened bag is still there) than making monster cookies?  A dent has been successfully made in cleaning and these cookies are heading to work with me to give to my co-workers.







Valentine's Day Monster Cookies

1 stick of butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 cup white baking chips
1/4 cup dark chocolate baking chips
3/4 cup Valentine's M&M's

Cream together butter and sugars.  Add in egg, vanilla and peanut butter.  Gradually beat in the flour.  Add in the baking soda and quick oats.  Fold in chips and M&M's.  Using a large cookie scoop, place on parchment lined baking sheets.  Gently flatten slightly.  Bake for 9 minutes at 350°.

No comments:

Post a Comment