Sunday, February 23, 2014

German Pancake

What better way to start off breakfast or brunch than with a light, puffed pancake hot from the oven with crispy edges?  I've attempted to make this before with my old cast iron pan but it failed.  I received a Christmas gift certificate to the local kitchen store and that turned into a beautiful Le Creuset skillet.  I love it and it worked perfectly to make this.  I topped it with sliced peaches in a light sugar syrup and a little dollop of whipped cream.  

Allow enough time to bring your eggs to room temperature.  You don't want to put a cold mixture into a hot pan.





German Pancake

2 tbsp butter, melted 
6 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk, I used 2%
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon

Melt the butter in your pan in the oven as it's preheating to 350°.  In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs.  Gradually whisk in the remainder of the ingredients.  When the oven is ready, remove pan from the oven and pour in the pancake mixture.  Return to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.  Serve hot.






No comments:

Post a Comment