Saturday, December 8, 2012

Popcorn Balls

Every holiday is a reason to make popcorn balls.  I asked a co-worker a few years ago for her recipe.  She laughed and said it was from the Betty Crocker's Boys and Girls Cookbook - my very first cookbook, as it probably was for quite a few people.  I used to love flipping through the pages and selecting which recipe I wanted to try next.  In the end, I think I used my mother's cookbook more which worked quite well too.






Popcorn Balls

16 cups popped popcorn
6 cups marshmallows
4 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup holiday sprinkles


Melt the butter, salt and marshmallows together in the large saucepan over a low heat.  Stir frequently.  Pour over popcorn in a large roaster pan.  Stir so all of the popcorn is covered.  Butter hands and roll into balls.  Roll in sprinkles and then wrap in plastic wrap.

Here's my cookbook ~ as you can see it was used some and definitely splattered on.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a popcorn ball in forever! I'll definitely have to try this recipe, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete