Saturday, December 22, 2012

Gingerbread Biscotti

This is my final baked goods that I'm making for Christmas (I think) ~ Gingerbread biscotti for my mom.  I wish I would have had some raisins to add in but it seems I have every type of chocolate but no dried fruits.






Gingerbread Biscotti

1/2 cup rolled oats, ground in a food processor
1/2 cup rolled oats, unground
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves

Mix all dry ingredients together and add in ~

2 large eggs
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp extra light olive oil

Mix together and add if desired ~

1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup raisins

Spread the dough out evenly on a 14" sheet of plastic wrap.  Roll the plastic wrap around the dough on your counter to make a 2" log.  Remove plastic wrap and place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 350°.  Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.  Cut at a diagonal in 3/4" slices.  Place back on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 300°.  Turn biscotti over and bake another 10 minutes.  Let cool and store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment