Saturday, December 15, 2012

Snowflake Soap

One part of making soap that I love is how good your house always smells with the current scent that you're working with.  The other part is how easy it is to make.  The expense depends on how overboard you get with scents and molds.







Snowflake Soap

2 cups melted melt and pour soap
1 tsp Liquid Shea (butter)
1 tsp scent - you may need more depending on the scent
soap color - I use GelTone colors
rubbing alcohol

In a large microwave safe measuring cup, melt down the melt and pour soap base.  Stir in Liquid Shea (this is optional but it does make your hands feel soft).  I use chop sticks when stirring my soap and additives.  They are disposable and I also just keep one measuring cup designated for soap making.  Stir in color one drop at a time until you get the color that you like for your soap.  Pour into a mold sprayed with cooking oil and spritz soap with rubbing alcohol to remove any bubbles.  Allow to set at least an hour and then remove from the mold and wrap in plastic wrap.  This made 5 bars with the mold that I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment