Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas

A creamy sauce, cheesy chicken with a bite of green chilie's all combine to make these enchiladas.  Plus I love it when I have all the ingredients in my refrigerator...I still can't remember quite why I had the small flour tortillas but I'm glad that I did.  






Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas

2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp green chilie's, diced
3/4 cup Marble Jack shredded cheese
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
8 small flour tortillas

In a medium sized bowl, combined chicken cream cheese and green chilie's.  Scoop out into the center of a flour tortilla, sprinkle on Marble Jack cheese, roll up and place seam down in a greased pan.




Melt butter in a small saucepan.  When completed melted, whisk in flour and then chicken broth.  Allow to thicken and then stir in sour cream.  Pour over enchiladas and top with Mexican cheese.  Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I love having mexican night at my house, I will definitely have to give this a try! You should check out my Chimichanga recipe, they are one of our favorite things to make! Here is the link to the YouTube Video, that also has the link to the full recipe. Thanks for Sharing!!

    Chimichanga Video

    ReplyDelete