Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Crock Pot Cranberry Beans

I recently bought a pound of Cranberry beans. They area a very pretty bean variety with their red streaks.  They sat on my counter for a couple of weeks until I decided just how I wanted to prepare them. My first thought was soup but the weather has turned warmer so the soup season has passed.  It was still crockpot weather though so here is what I came up with ~





Crock Pot Cranberry Beans

1 # cranberry beans, soaked overnight in water and drained
1 - 11.5 oz can of Low Sodium V8 juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 pieces bacon, diced, cooked and drained
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp Ancho chili pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste


Put everything together in the crock pot and mix well over medium heat.  Cook for 8 hours. Stir frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment