Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blackberry Waffles

Berry bursting flavor and aromas.  That's how my morning started.  Well, to be completely honest that was how it was after my daily 1/2 can of Coca-Cola was consumed and my eyes completely open.  Blackberries are on sale this week so I picked up a container with no plans for in mind.  Now with a container of blackberries and strawberries in my refrigerator it was time to make a decision on what to do and making a jam was very tempting but I'm glad that I chose to make these.  The berries bake into the waffle and add a little burst with every bite.








Blackberry Waffles

1 3/4 cups flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/2 tea sea salt
3 large eggs, separated
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 pint fresh blackberries, rinsed and quartered

Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl.  In a small bowl, beat egg whites until light and fluffy.  Gradually mix milk, egg yolks, and butter into the dry ingredients.  Gentle fold in egg whites first and then the blackberries.

Bake per your waffle makers instructions.

Makes 8 waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment