Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Peach Ham Glaze

The heat here is overwhelming so indoor cooking is the way to go and I'm trying not to use my oven.  I made this glaze a day before I used it on a ham steak I picked up and it tasted great.  It worked on pork chops too but you need to season them.







Peach Ham Glaze

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup peach nectar
2 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp ground ginder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

1/4 cup cold water
1 tsp cornstarch

Combine the top 7 ingredients in a small saucepan.  Bring to a boil.  In a glass measuring cup whisk together the cold water and cornstarch and stir into nectar mixture.  Cook until thick.  You can refrigerate it if you're not using right away or brush it on a ham, ham steak or pork chops.  

No comments:

Post a Comment