Monday, August 12, 2013

Breakfast Sausage & Gravy Biscuit Cups

I needed to use up an overstock of Grands biscuits in my refrigerator.  When I set out to make my peach monkey bread I wasn't sure how many it would take so I ended up with a couple extra cans.  This was a great way to use one of them plus I ended up with a tasty breakfast.







Breakfast Sausage & Gravy Biscuit Cups

1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk, 2% works fine
salt and pepper to taste
1 can Grands buttermilk biscuits


Brown sausage.  When cooked, stir in flour until the sausage is coated.  Gradually stir in milk.  Let thicken and season to taste.

Using jumbo muffin tins, grease and press a Grands biscuit in each cup.  Fill cups with sausage gravy mixture.  Bake at350° for about 15 minutes.  Bake until the biscuits turn golden brown.  Remove from oven and sprinkle your favorite cheese on top.  I used a shredded cheddar.  

Makes 8 biscuit cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment