Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

My mom bought cinnamon raisin bread often when I was growing up for the family.  I never appreciated it as a child as I should have but now I enjoy it plus the scent of cinnamon baking is always a win.  





Cinnamon Raisin Bread

3  cups bread flour
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
2 1/2 tsp quick rising active dry yeast
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 cup warm water


1/2 tbsp butter, softened
1/3 cup golden raisins
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon

Put the top 6 ingredients together into your bread machine and put on dough setting.
When the cycle has completed,  roll out to at least 9 x 12 and place the 1/2 tbsp of softened butter on the dough.  Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture and then the raisins on top of the butter and roll up.  Place on in a greased bread pan.  Allow to raise again.  Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F  Brush 1 tbsp butter on top when it's done baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment