Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pumpkin Chip Muffins


I was handed this note last week as a gentle reminder from my youngest food taster that I've been slacking lately bringing in goodies to work and sending treats home with Haley's mom for her to sample.  Message received Haley and this is the first of two recipes that I'm making in my kitchen today for you to try.




Pumpkin Chip Muffins

1 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup vanilla chips + 1 tsp flour

Mix together pumpkin, oil, eggs and vanilla.  Cream in sugars and then add in remainder of dry ingredients.  Coat vanilla chips with flour before gently folding them in the batter.  This will prevent them from all sinking to the bottom.  Bake at 325°.  I made mini muffins so the time was approximately 10 minutes ~ adjust accordingly to the size of muffin tin you use.  


Hope you enjoy these Haley!  Back to the kitchen to create more recipes and switch my music since my Stones set on my iPod seems to have just run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment