Monday, November 5, 2012

Chicken Fried Rice

As I written before, I have fired my Chinese delivery restaurant.  It was well deserved - a mild case of food poisoning, finding a washer in my food and keeping an uninsured driver employed after they hit a friends car.  So I found myself craving Chinese food yesterday and considering my options from my refrigerator/freezer/pantry, I was easily able to put together Chicken fried rice.  I was so happy with this recipe that I'll have to try cream cheese wontons next.  







Chicken Fried Rice

3 chicken breasts, cut in strips
3 cups rice, preferably cooked the day before but 4 hours before works too
1 large egg, beaten
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup peas
1/4 cup onions, diced
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp Chili garlic sauce

Cook chicken strips in 3 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan or wok.  When cooked, remove from pan and put in carrots and cook until tender.  Add in peas, onions and garlic and cook for a couple minutes.  Pour beaten egg on top and stir until cooked.  Add chicken back in, rice and sauces and mix together.  Serve when the chicken and rice are heated.

No comments:

Post a Comment