Monday, November 5, 2012

Chicken Fried Rice

As I written before, I have fired my Chinese delivery restaurant.  It was well deserved - a mild case of food poisoning, finding a washer in my food and keeping an uninsured driver employed after they hit a friends car.  So I found myself craving Chinese food yesterday and considering my options from my refrigerator/freezer/pantry, I was easily able to put together Chicken fried rice.  I was so happy with this recipe that I'll have to try cream cheese wontons next.  







Chicken Fried Rice

3 chicken breasts, cut in strips
3 cups rice, preferably cooked the day before but 4 hours before works too
1 large egg, beaten
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup peas
1/4 cup onions, diced
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp Chili garlic sauce

Cook chicken strips in 3 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan or wok.  When cooked, remove from pan and put in carrots and cook until tender.  Add in peas, onions and garlic and cook for a couple minutes.  Pour beaten egg on top and stir until cooked.  Add chicken back in, rice and sauces and mix together.  Serve when the chicken and rice are heated.