Saturday, November 24, 2012

Fudge

Normally this is the first holiday candy that I make because it's so easy to make and freezes so well that it's easy to grab a package to take to work for an office pick-me-up, send in a Christmas package that I'm mailing out or put in a food gift bag.  The picture I took is of the full pan.  I cut this down into 8 equal pieces and those 8 are cut down into 24 smaller pieces.







Fudge

Put in a 2 quart saucepan ~

3 cups sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup butter

Stir and bring to a boil until the temperature on a candy thermometer reaches 235° (soft-ball stage).  

Remove from heat and stir in ~

7 oz marshmallow creme
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup walnut pieces

Pour into a wax paper lined jelly roll pan and let cool completely.

When cool, put into smaller pieces (see above).  I wrap first in a package of wax paper and then in aluminum foil.  

No comments:

Post a Comment