Saturday, June 16, 2012

Antipasto Skewers

Another rainy morning in the valley.  I was looking for a light lunch (it is summer after all) and made these.




            
                             Antipasto Skewers

   3 cherry tomatoes halved or quartered depending on size
   bocconcini
   Italian dry salami
   dry coppa
   black pepper coated Italian dry salami
   prosciutto
   2 tbsp extra light virgin olive oil
   fresh basil, chopped
   fresh oregano leaves, chopped
   freshly-ground black pepper to taste
   salt  to taste


I used 8" skewers and alternated using the different meats between the
bocconcini and cherry tomatoes.


Place on your serving dish and drizzle your olive oil on top.

Sprinkle freshly cut herbs, salt and pepper on top.

          

4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! Works now during BBQ season and again during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fresh take on the old Antipasto plate which I love dearly. Definitely a dinner party kinda show off meal that I can add to my list of things to cook for my family and friends. Thank you for the creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it many times! :-)

      Delete
  3. These skewers sound perfect for a summer get-together!

    ReplyDelete