Saturday, December 28, 2013

Raspberry Ale Cheese Ball

It's not often that I will mention a brand name of a product in my blog but I will when I find a new cheese that love.  The cheese I found is Sartori Raspberry BellaVitano,  a cheese that was soaked in raspberry ale.  It shredded nicely and I didn't want to add in spices that would hide the flavor.  






Raspberry Ale Cheese Ball

8 oz cream cheese, softened
5.3 oz Sartori Raspberry BellaVitano cheese, shredded
1 tbsp red raspberry seedless jam
1/3 cup cashews, chopped

Mix together softened cream cheese and Raspberry BellaVitano cheese. Add in the raspberry jam and mix well. Shape into a ball shape in bowl and cover
with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours. Remove and roll in chopped
cashews.

Return to refrigerator. Remove 15 minutes before
serving.  Serve with crackers or vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment