Thursday, December 12, 2013

Breakfast Sausage

I've always been fascinated with sausage making.  I buy it often and create recipes around it but starting from scratch has always been on my bucket list.  I can now scratch that off the list.  But this is just a beginning...I will be making more in the future.  Plus I got to use one of my favorites that is hard to sneak into recipes ~ fennel seed.








Breakfast Sausage

1# ground turkey
1/2# ground pork
1 tsp fennel seed
1 tsp salt
1 tsp rubbed sage
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp cayenne

Mix together everything in a large bowl.  Make sure the spices are completely blended.  I recommend frying a small piece in a pan to make sure your spice level is to your liking.  Cook all the pieces taking care not to overcrowd your pan.  Drain on paper towels before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment