Thursday, December 19, 2013

Chocolate Blossoms

Peanut butter blossoms are one of my favorite cookies but this cookie rates a close second.  I had intended to use a peppermint kiss but unfortunately got the wrong package so I used Hugs instead.  I put my candy in the refrigerator so they wouldn't melt as fast but next time I think I'll keep them in the freezer for extra insurance that they won't melt.





Chocolate Blossoms

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup dark cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour

Cream together butter and sugar.  Add in egg and vanilla.  Stir in salt and flour.  Fold in cocoa and make sure it's all blended in.  Refrigerate for 1 hour before rolling into 1" balls.  Place 2 tbsp of sugar in a bowl and roll the balls in coating evenly all sides.  Place on parchment lined baking sheets and back for 10 minutes at 325°.  Remove from oven and place kiss/hug in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment