Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Caramel Chocolate Sauce

Sometimes you have a craving for chocolate.  At least I do.  I wanted just one ooey gooey brownie with 1/2" thick chocolate frosting on top of it.  I could have made that but I opted to make this sauce that is silky and slightly decadent.  I calmed my guilty conscience by using it to dip apples in but am thinking about making some closer to Christmas as a gift to friends to use as ice cream topping.  





Caramel Chocolate Sauce

2/3 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
4 oz Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 tsp vanilla

In a heavy saucepan, combine whipping cream, butter and brown sugar.  Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.  Boil for 2 minutes and add in chocolate.  Keep on the heat and continue stirring for another 2 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.  Serve either warm or all to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment