Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pumpkin Vanilla Chip Muffins

I had a vacation week and I spent some time with my parents and winterizing my house.  Before returning to work, I baked these as a treat to bring in with me.  I had made a similar muffin before but I made it healthier and added ginger.





Pumpkin Vanilla Chip Muffins

1 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp ginger3/4 cup vanilla chips + 1 tsp flour

Mix together pumpkin, yogurt, eggs and vanilla.  Cream in sugar and then add in remainder of dry ingredients.  Coat vanilla chips with flour before gently folding them in the batter.  This will prevent them from all sinking to the bottom.  Bake at 350
° for 15 minutes.   Makes 18 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment