Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Country Fried Chicken

Normally I try to have leftovers on what I refer to as veggie night but that didn't work out so I wanted to try something new and I'm really glad that I did despite a later than normal dinner.








Country Fried Chicken

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Whisk together in one bowl ~

1 large egg
1/4 cup milk

In a second bowl ~

12 crushed butter crackers
1/4 cup flour
1 dash cayenne
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt

Dip chicken breasts in the cracker mixture, then the egg mixture and back again to the cracker mixture before placing in a hot frying pan with 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.  Cook until 165°.  Remove from pan and keep warm until gravy is ready.  In the same pan, add in another tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and whisk in 1/4 cup flour.  Gradually whisk in 2 cups milk.  Add in salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.  Cook until thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment