Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pumpkin Waffles & Cinnamon Syrup

I think I should spend some time decorating my home in a fall theme since it has taken over the kitchen.  Tonight I made pumpkin waffles to try something new and different.  They were so good that I'm looking forward to making this recipe over and over.  I'm glad now I bought the new liquid freezer containers for the extra syrup that I made.  The waffles and syrup were the perfect compliment for each other.



Pumpkin Waffles

1 cup pumpkin
1 cup buttermilk
4 tbsp butter, melted
2 large eggs, separated
1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1 dash nutmeg

Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.  In a larger bowl, combine pumpkin, egg yolks, melted butter and buttermilk.  Add in egg whites.  Gradually add in dry ingredients.  Bake as per waffle manufacturers instructions.

Servings: 8




Cinnamon Syrup

1 cup light corn syrup
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon
1 dash nutmeg
1 cup evaporated milk

In a large saucepan, mix together corn syrup, sugar, water and spices.  Bring to a boil for 3 minutes.  Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.  Stir in evaporated milk.  Serve warm
.

No comments:

Post a Comment