Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ricotta Meatballs

The storm last night left behind high humidity with high temperatures so it was a good day for cooking in the comfort of central air.  I'm not complaining since the storm didn't produce any tornado sirens going off so all is good.  Twice in one week would have been a little much.



Ricotta Meatballs

1 lb ground beef, extra lean
1 lb ground pork
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 large egg slightly beaten
1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp Italian seasonings
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Mix all of the ingredients together until completely blended.  I chose to bake them because of the large quantity but you can also fry them.  Mine baked for 40 minutes and then I let them cook for another half hour in my favorite pasta sauce.

Serve on your favorite pasta and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

Makes 26 good sized meatballs

Bake for 40 minutes at 350°F


I'm off to create dessert with strawberries...

1 comment:

  1. It rained last night but not a big storm and yes it does leave humidity!
    Your meatballs look amazing. I have several recipes but have never seen one with ricotta. I will need to try this one-yum! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete