Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's a peach weekend!



I had a case of bakers block entering into this weekend and I mentioned it to a friend who suggested I make recipes with peaches.  My mind took off at speeds the would make a Nascar driver envious.  Here's the first batch of creations ~

The first thing I made was peach syrup.  I had always wanted to try making my own syrups for pancakes and waffles so this was the perfect opportunity.

Peach Syrup

20 ounces frozen peaches, I used organic
2 cups water
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp cold water

Slice peaches as thin as you can.  Place in a large saucepan with the water, sugar and cinnamon.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.  Combine cornstarch and cold water and slowly add into hot peach syrup.  Bring back to a boil and cook until thick.  Use either hot or cold.




Peach Waffles

1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs , lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup peach juice
1 tsp vanilla

1 large or 2 small peaches, peeled and sliced thin or diced
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Cream together sugar and butter.  Add eggs.  Add remainder of liquids.  Gradually add in flour and baking powder, salt and cinnamon..
Bake in a greased waffle iron according to manufactures directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment