Thursday, July 21, 2011

A new toy

Yesterday I got a Cuisinart ice cream maker.  They said it makes a few other things too and maybe I'll actually veer away from ice cream in a couple months.  I would have tried this last night but it had sat my front porch with the temperatures in the nineties and I didn't think the basket would freeze soon enough.

Today I had a request from A Year on the Grill for more peach recipes.  This is the first ~



Peach Ice Cream
3 large peaches, peeled and diced
1/2 cup peach preserves
1 cup Mini Nilla Wafers, pureéd
1 cup whipping cream
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs

1 cup sugar

In a food processor, blend Mini Nilla Wafers first.  Remove and then put in peaches.  Puree.  Add peach preserves to the peaches and give a quick whirl.

In a large bowl, mix together lightly whisked eggs, creams, sugar and vanilla.

Put all ingredients in ice cream machine and follow their directions.


It was more of a soft-serve since my dinner was 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter and a vitamin pill.  The rest is in the freezer for tomorrow...I will be back for more soon because it was an excellent first attempt at a new food adventure.
I will pick up more peaches tomorrow.  I'm working on a peach coffee cake recipe and the one I tried last weekend wasn't worthy of blogging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment