Saturday, July 9, 2011

I'm back with a dessert recipe

My strawberry dessert turned out really well.  I was torn putting it into my cookbook program whether to classify it as an appetizer, dessert or snack.  I chose snack.



Strawberry & Brie Toast

1 sourdough submarine bun
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 tsp cinnamon
6 oz brie

Slice sourdough bun in half and butter generously.  Top with half of cinnamon and brown sugar mixture.  Bake for 5 minutes at 350°F.

While that is baking, stir the remaining cinnamon mixture into sliced strawberries.

Take bread out of oven and top with brie and return to oven until gently melted.  Remove from oven, slice into 8 pieces and top with strawberries.


OK I'm off to work out for awhile since I'm all carbed up from pasta and bread.  Have a good evening!

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting twist! combining these simple ingredients is pure genius. Totally trying this!

    ReplyDelete