Sunday, June 28, 2015

Strawberry Lemonade Bundt Cake

I like lemonade but in a dessert form.  Citrus and I have a love/hate relationship.  I love the taste but my tummy doesn't like it.  I was looking for frozen raspberry lemonade, since I had used that before to make cookies, but could only find strawberry lemonade, which is a great substitute for this cake.  Plus, I had a brand new bundt pan that I wanted to try out or else I probably would have never made two cakes within a few weeks of each other.





Strawberry Lemonade Bundt Cake

3 sticks butter, softened
2 cups sugar
5 large eggs
1/2 cup mascarpone, room temperature (or sour cream)
3 cups flour
2 tsp lemon zest
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup frozen strawberry (or raspberry) lemonade, thawed

Strawberry Lemonade Icing

1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp + 2 tsp strawberry lemonade


In a large bowl, cream together butter, mascarpone and sugar.  Mix until a light and fluffy.  Add in eggs, one at a time.  Alternate mixing in the dry ingredients and strawberry lemonade.  Batter will be very heavy.  Spoon into your greased (and floured, if necessary) bundt pan.  Bake for 1 hour at 350.  Insert a toothpick to check to see if it comes out clean or bake additional time.  Let cool for 10 minutes before turning out of pan.  Allow to cool completely before icing.