Friday, February 27, 2015

Hazelnut Icebox Cake

It turned out so I will share the recipe.  I'm referring to what I made with the Hazelnut Cookie recipe that I posted yesterday.  This cake is decadent so I will advise serving small slices but it's oh so good.  The cookies soften as they are nestled in the whipping cream mixture overnight.  Look at the bottom to see how I lined the cookies in the pan and cut a few into 6 pieces to fill in the open spots.  






Hazelnut Icebox Cake

Hazelnut cookies to fill 3 layers
8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup Nutella
2 tbsp Frangelico
2/3 cup powdered sugar

Toasted hazelnuts to decorate the top.

In a medium bowl, combine the mascarpone, whipping cream and Nutella.  Whip until it thickens.  Stir in Frangelico and powdered sugar. Line cookies in a layer at the bottom of a  9" springform pan.  Place 1/3 of the cream mixture evenly on top.  Repeat for 2 more layers.  Sprinkle hazelnuts on top and cover with plastic wrap.  Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment