Sunday, February 8, 2015

Valentine's Krispie Heart Treats

Ever have a craving for Rice Krispie bars?  The ones that are packaged in the little foil pouches just doesn't cut it for me.  Since it's Valentine's day next weekend, I decided to make mine special and give them away.  Well, some of them.  The fun part about cutting these out is that you can do quality taste tests on the leftover part.  Or you can smoosh them together to make more hearts.  But I recommend at least a nibble for a quality control sampling.  




Valentine's Krispie Heart Treats

3 tbsp butter
10 oz miniature marshmallows

Melt together for 1-2 minutes in a large bowl in the microwave.  Stir until smooth.  Add in 6 cups of crisped rice cereal.  Stir until completely combined.  Spread out on a greased jelly roll pan, 15.5 x 10.5".  A piece of waxed paper helps to spread it out without sticking to your hand.  Allow to set for 45 minutes to one hour.  Cut into heart shapes, whichever size you prefer.  Mine allowed me to make 24 treats.  

In a large microwave safe measuring cup, melt 11 oz of white chocolate chips - I used Ghirardelli Classic White chips.  I might take around 2 minutes.  Stir in 1/2 tsp canola oil to keep it shiny and stir and dip easier.  I added in 4 drops of red food coloring for a nice pink color.  Place on a rack and sprinkle with red sugar.




No comments:

Post a Comment