Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Parmesan Polenta

I always enjoy an easy side that only requires an occasional stir as I'm working on the rest of the meal.  I had never made polenta before so I was very happy with the great flavor and ease or preparation.  I wanted to add in one of my favorite cheeses so I grated some Parmesan to stir in and a little extra to sprinkle on top with a bit of freshly ground pepper and parsley.




Parmesan Polenta

2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup polenta
1 tbsp butter
1/2 tbsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbsp mascarpone cheese

Bring the chicken broth to a boil.  Whisk in the polenta and turn down the heat to medium low.  Add in sea salt and pepper and stir (with a wooden spoon now).  Continue to stir frequently as it cooks and thickens.  This will take about a half hour.  When it has thickened, remove from heat and stir in the butter, mascarpone and Parmesan cheeses.  


No comments:

Post a Comment