Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Crock Pot Turkey Breast

I love turkey, especially when I'm not being overloaded with it during the holidays.  I've been using my crock pot often to make them since it's easy and keeps the meat from drying out.  I tucked some spices and butter under the skin to make it even more moist.  It was falling apart as I took it out of the crock pot.





Crock Pot Turkey Breast

1 turkey breast, approximately 2.5#
3 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Mix together and gently lift the skin on top of the turkey.  Rub butter mixture underneath the skin and return to it's original position.  Rub 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil on top of the skin and sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper on top.  Place 1 cup of chicken ot turkey stock in the bottom of the crock pot and place the turkey breast in there.  Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment