Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cincinnati Chili

I've been wanting to try this for a long time after seeing it on some random Food Network show.  There's 1,000 different recipes for it I've found so I created one for my tastes and I do believe that chili needs kidney beans.  I was leery of adding cinnamon and cocoa powder but it works.



Cincinnati Chili

1 pound ground beef
1 small onion peeled and chopped
1 large garlic clove, chopped
1 8 ounce tomato sauce, no salt
1 5.5 ounce V8 Juice
1 14.5-oz diced tomatoes
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp  cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 large bay leaf
1 tbs cocoa
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
1 15 ounce kidney beans, rinsed
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Brown ground beef with chopped onion and garlic.  Add in tomato sauce and V8 juice.  Add in spices and let simmer.

While cooking your spaghetti, add in kidney beans, Worcestershire and vinegar.

Serve chili over cooked spaghetti and top with shredded cheddar cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment