Thursday, April 14, 2016

Peach Bellini Jam

Peaches and Prosecco...a match that is made in heaven.  I combined the two a few months ago to make an ice cream topping.  I decided to pair them up again to make jam.  I did not use any pectin.  I just allowed the jam to gently boil until it thicken naturally.  I froze the extra containers instead of canning.




Peach Bellini Jam

2# peaches, I used frozen and thawed
3 cups sugar
1/2 cup Prosecco
2 tbsp lemon juice

Chop the peaches into small pieces in a food processor.  Place in a large saucepan with the sugar, Prosecco and lemon juice.  Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.  Skim off foam from the top.  Continue to boil until it thickens.  Place into containers that you can put in the freezer. Allow to cool completely before putting covers on containers and placing the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment