Monday, April 25, 2016

Pancetta Wrapped Turkey Breast

I'm still not sure why I picked up pancetta but it turned out to serve a very good purpose.  I was wondering how to make the turkey breast yesterday and saw the pancetta out of the corner of my eye and grabbed it out at the same time.  I made of quick rub of different spices and dark brown sugar that I had on the counter for the turkey and then covered it with the pancetta.  The pancetta cooked and turned crispy while it kept the turkey breast tender and juicy.




Pancetta Wrapped Turkey Breast

1 - 1-2# turkey breast or tenders
3 oz pancetta slices

Rub -
1 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder


Preheat oven to 350°.  Combine all the spices and brown sugar in a small bowl.  Rub over all sides of the turkey breast and place into a greased pan.  Cover the top of the turkey breast with the pancetta slices.  Cover the roasting pan with a lid or aluminum foil for the first hour of baking.  Uncover for the last 45 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165°.

No comments:

Post a Comment