Thursday, April 2, 2015

Parmesan Buttermilk Biscuits

Thanks to my food processor, I've become a biscuit baker.  I think I tried once and failed before I discovered how to use the food processor to do all the hard work making them.  This time I wanted to add in some spices and Parmesan.





Parmesan Buttermilk Biscuits

2 cups flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 large egg
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 sticks of cold butter

Combine all the dry ingredients and Parmesan cheese in the food processor and give it a couple pulses to mix them up.  Add in the butter, one tbsp. at a time and the egg.  Pour in milk and pulse until it combines and forms a ball.  Turn out onto a lightly floured surface.  Pat out dough until it's 1" thick and cut into rounds.  Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes at 450°.  Pull the biscuits from the oven and brush with buttermilk.  Return to the oven for another minute.

Makes 24 biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment