Sunday, January 4, 2015

Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce

It's still bitterly cold and my neighborhood seems to be in hibernation.  With the football wild card games on the tv and a hot cup of green tea in my hand, I ventured into the kitchen to make something cheerful.  I had made a grocery impulse buy - a pomegranate (better than a bag of Doritos, right?)  I wanted to do something special with at least part of it so I went with a cranberry sauce since I had a bag of those on hand.





Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce

12 oz fresh cranberries
3/4 cup cranberry juice
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 tsp cinnamon


Put cranberries, juice, sugars and salt in a medium saucepan.  Set at a medium heat and bring to a boil.  Stir occasionally and wait until the berries pop, approximately 10-15 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in the pomegranate seeds and cinnamon.  Gently pour into a serving dish and allow to cool.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment