Sunday, January 18, 2015

Honey Butter Roasted Chicken & Potatoes

I was in crafting mode and the first football playoff game was starting, so that meant I wanted an easy meal with easier clean up.  And what could be easier than pulling a piece of non-stick aluminum foil off a pan and throwing it away?  I've made a hot honey chicken in the past but wanted to expand it to use a sweet potato and a couple russet potatoes I had on hand that should be used up.  If you think it doesn't look like it would have any heat...tell it to my lips that are still tingling and might need ice cream to chill them out.  :-)  I wished I had a purple potato to make it really colorful.





Honey Butter Roasted Chicken & Potatoes

2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced

In a small saucepan, combine and melt together ~

1/4 cup butter
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp thyme, rub in your hand to release the oils

Line a sheet pan with non-stick aluminum foil.  Scatter the potatoes and chicken cubes over the foil.  Drizzle the butter mixture on top and place in a 350° oven for 50 minutes.  Remove the pan and stir the potatoes and chicken once or twice while baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment