Saturday, January 10, 2015

Enchilada Meatballs

I've been fighting a sinus cold for awhile.  I'm slowly getting over it but I wanted to give it a little kick to get it completely out of my system and what better way then with some spicy food.  I lucked out and found a cup of  homemade enchilada sauce that I had frozen so that part was easy, kind of like my recipe for Mexican rice is also, for the meatballs to rest on.





Enchilada Meatballs

1# extra lean ground beef
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1/4 cup onions, minced
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.  I've found that hand mixing works the best.  Shape into meatballs and place in a heated frying pan with 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.  Cook completely.  Pour in 1 cup of enchilada sauce and turn the meatballs frequently so they absorb some of the flavor.  I melted cheese on mine before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment